February 17, 2019
The contest challenged middle and high school students from around the state to use their artistic talents to express how Idaho inspires them and do it with a fresh, new take on something indelibly Idaho.
Bennett's artwork, along with more than 50 other works of student art, will be unveiled at Hotel 43's June First Thursday Event, June 5, 6 PM at the hotel.
"We were happy with the number of artists and overwhelmed by their talent," said Lisa Benjamin, general manager of Hotel 43.
For winning, Bennett receives a family stay package at Hotel 43, a $150 gift certificate to Chandlers Steakhouse, and a $250 Visa gift card. Her art teacher, Laura Ritzer, will receive $1,000 in art supplies for use at Mountain View High School as part of Bennett's Grand Prize package. Ten honorable mention winners were also selected, and each received a $100 Visa gift card. They are:
- Allison Ellingson, junior at Mountain View High School
- Devrey Gallegos, sophomore at Borah High School
- Zachary Garrett, sophomore at Boise High School
- Hailey Jorgensen, senior at Borah High School
- Scout Leary, sophomore at Boise High School
- J. Bryn Miller, senior at Mountain View High School
- Kylee Miller, senior at Mountain View High School
- Kenzie Olson, senior at Idaho Falls High School
- Mitsuko Stoddard, senior at Timberline High School
- Alicia Weissenbach, junior at Mountain View High School
An additional 47 pieces were chosen for permanent display at Hotel 43 as part of its commitment to local artists.
ABOUT HOTEL 43
Hotel 43 has been lauded by Sunset magazine as one of the West's top-10 boutique hotels. It is located in the heart of Boise on the 43rd parallel in the 43rd state—Idaho. It caters to business travelers and those just looking to get away, with 112 rooms located in the center of Boise's thriving downtown and arts culture district.